Meaningful Giving. Inspired Change: Education in Latin America
ICF is committed to improving access to opportunities in the communities where we work. We know that one of the best ways to ensure a more meaningful future for younger generations is to provide youth with a well-rounded education. Just one extra year of schooling can increase an individual’s earnings by up to 10%, and can raise the region’s average annual gross domestic product (GDP) growth by 0.37%.
Thanks to the generosity of ICF donors, ICF supports a wide variety of nonprofit education programs in Mexico and Latin America, including: after-school activities (such as sports, art, and leadership development), English-language programs, technological curriculum focused on computer science and robotics, enhanced library services, and crucial scholarships that allow kids to stay in school.
ICF’s charitable donors allow us to continue partnering with philanthropic foundations and education nonprofits in Mexico and Latin America, and to ensure we are up-to-date on current research and initiatives. As members of the Council on Foundations, we benefit from a wealth of data and the most cutting-edge initiatives that our philanthropic peers are driving across the United States and the globe!
Putting Your Dollars to Work
Generous donations from our sponsors enable ICF to grant millions of dollars in funding each year to various nonprofit education programs in Mexico and Latin America.
- In 2018, ICF contributed $2.98 million in educational grants. To learn more about our outstanding grantees, read 4 Ways the Palapa Society is Bettering Todos Santos.
- In 2017, ICF contributed $1.87 million in educational grants. To learn more about the impact we made, read 2017 By the Numbers: Education
- In 2016, ICF contributed $1.37 million in educational grants. To learn more about the impact we made, read 2016 By the Numbers: Education
ICF’s education partners in Mexico and Latin America help students develop both the soft skills and technical skills necessary to work in these high-growth, global economies. Some of the impressive education nonprofits and philanthropic foundations we support include:
- FUNDACIÓN AYUDA NIÑOS LA PAZ, A.C.: Supporting education, computer, and school feeding programs at FANLAP’s Learning Center in La Paz, BCS, Mexico.
- ANAT KAH, A.C.: Helping to fund the Friends of Puerto Aventuras’ scholarship and ESL programs in Quintana Roo, Mexico.
- VOCES Y VISIONES DE MALINALCO A.C.: Providing education programs to over 100 children, as well as adult school and community wellness programs in Malinalco, Mexico.
- THE PALAPA SOCIETY OF TODOS SANTOS, A.C.: Construction and maintenance of a new Palapa Society Learning Center, which comprises a high school, a primary school, and a library, in Todos Santos, BCS, Mexico. Learn more about this project from Palapa’s Board Chair, Eric Ochoa:
The ongoing support from our donors for nonprofit education programs in Mexico and Latin America has encouraged us to introduce special initiatives for greater educational impact, including:
Órale Youth Employability Program
Since 2014, ICF has worked together with Fronteras Unidas Pro Salud to bring a specialized training and job placement program to youth in communities with extremely limited access to education or employment. The Órale Youth Employability Program offers an intensive workshop that teaches students everything from communication skills to lessons in nutrition and health. This better prepares them for employment and gives them the confidence and knowledge they need to become healthy, successful adults.
One of the aspects that makes this program so successful is the peer-to-peer approach to mentorship. This allows students to engage in hands-on learning with support from other students — not only building skills in teamwork and collaboration, but also offering opportunities for youth to form connections with their fellow community members. In the first three years of offering this program, we saw 81% of the participants either return to school or successfully secure employment.
As a devoted philanthropic foundation, ICF will continue to focus on scholarships, curriculum development, and afterschool activities as part of our involvement with nonprofit education programs in Mexico and Latin America. Thanks to the support of our invaluable donors, we will also help build new institutions and invest in the latest learning technologies. This will provide Latin American communities with the modern educational opportunities they need to thrive.
Please join us today in supporting the education nonprofits and organizations that inspire these profound changes by making your own donation.
Join Our Mailing List
Be the first to get exclusive updates on what ICF is doing to make a difference!